Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My Iris plants.......Mother Nature at her best.

 Aazzure Icycle
 Alabastor Moon
 Amber Snow
 Iris Classico
 Iris Quandary
 Iris Saffron Flame
Iris West Side Story

 Iris game cock


 Iris halo everybody
 Iris lady friend

So what do I know about the Iris? A lot but not a lot! I know I love them dearly, to the point that I have two tattooed on my back as a part of my gardener’s story.

Iris two tone purple

If you take the time to analyse and look at the true beauty in an iris bloom you would have to agree that Mother Nature really got it right with this one.

Iris behold a lady

The Iris flower is the flower of the Greek Goddess who is the messenger of love and symbolises eloquence. The word Iris means a rainbow. Their primary meaning also indicate faith, hope, wisdom, courage and admiration. Plus you have to love a flower that is used to make Bombay Gin!

Iris bengal tiger

I had over 150 Iris species planted, many of which perished in the recent floods. The rhizomes rotted. I managed to dig out some. Until they flower this year I am unsure of which species were rescued. It is great to see the foliage pop on up in places where I thought I had lost the entire plant. Fingers crossed please.

Here are some of the Irises I have planted in my yard;
Iris hot spice median

 Iris alabastor moon
 Iris yellow throat

 Iris celebration song

Iris dark blue

 Iris chartreuse ruffle

 Iris coffee trader

 Iris colada pink

Iris dodge city 
 Iris edith wolford

 Iris enchanter

 Iris glow light
 Iris halo everybody

 Iris hell cat

 Iris hello hobo

 Iris ibiza

 Iris hindu magic
 iris high master
 Iris hollywood blonde

 Iris lady vera

 Iris lady friend

 Iris in smoke

 Iris lavacy

 Iris leda's lover

 Iris light blue

 Iris new moon

 Iris mountain violet

 Iris mittagong pink

 Iris maricopa

 Iris pass the wine

 Iris prince george

 Iris purple

 Iris rather than rubies

 Iris silk rim

 Iris sofia

 Iris solano

 Iris skating party

 Iris role model

 Iris saffron flame

 Iris smoke rings

 Iris sostenique mustard and purple

 Iris superstition

 iris ship shape

 Iris vilian

 Iris vanity

 Iris titan's glory

Iris sweet musette

 Iris waiting for george

 Iris wedding vow

 Iris wish

 Iris wild iris

Wild Iris - Peacock Flower 

To photograph: Iris Blush Berry

My wish list:
Soap Opera 

Please note some of the photographs above were copied from the suppliers from which I sourced my rhizomes. I shall delete and replace the photographs once my irises bloom. As you can see there are some stunning iris flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment