Friday, August 5, 2011

Wombok Salad - A dish to die for!

I have to admit this salad is one of my culinary all time favourite dishes. I could devour it daily. I have taken the recipe from the packet of ‘Chang’s Fried Noodles.’ ®

Whenever made it disappears quickly by all.

What you will need:
  • 1 packet Chang’s Fried Noodles
  • ½ a wombok (Chinese Cabbage) – finely shredded
  • 4 to 6 spring onions – finely chopped
  • ½ to 1 cup toasted slivered almonds or pine nuts

Dressing:
  • ½  cup castor sugar
  • ¼ cup white vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • ½ cup olive oil
  • 2 teaspoons sesame oil

Putting it all together:
1.      Combine all the dressing ingredients in a jar, shake well until the sugar is dissolved.
2.      In a bowl, combine all the salad ingredients and add enough dressing to suit your taste.
3.      Mix well and serve immediately.

Variation: I always add sliced cooked chicken – in fact I add cut up oven baked chicken schnitzel. I also add sliced fresh chilli, common mint and Vietnamese mint too.

No comments:

Post a Comment