Friday, August 26, 2011

Rice flour recipes.

PANCAKES:
Ok, so the following recipe is for Carole - enjoy and give me some feedback as to how you ventured. Substitute ingredient to suit time, budget and availability. I try not to use white sugar in any of my recipes.

You will need:
2 cups of rice flour.
1 pinch of vegetable salt or natural salt
1 free range egg
2 teaspoons of Rapadura (natural sugar)
2 teaspoons of baking powder
2 tablespoons of butter, melted

What you need to do:

  1. Sift all dry ingredients
  2. Add wet ingredients and beat. I tend to whisk my mixture and leave it for ten minutes. Every now and then, as it is resting. I give it a little stir.
  3. Using a 1/3 cup ladle, place some mixture in a well greased heated pan.
  4. Enjoy as a sweet with berries etc or as a savory.

No comments:

Post a Comment