Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Zucchini Fritters

Well where do I start with these little fritters? Yum, Yum, Yum! It is difficult to tell you exactly what measures to use as a part of the fun of cooking is exploring textures and flavours.

You will need:

1 large zucchini, grated or finely chopped

1 small onion, chopped

1 clove garlic, chopped

3 eggs, beaten

½ cup grated tasty cheese

1 tablespoon chopped parsley

1 cup milk

2 cups plain flour

Salt and pepper to taste

 

  • Place everything into a bowl.

  • Shallow fry. Take care not to burn and dirty the oil as the fritters will burn on the outside and remain raw in the centre. I tend to lower the heat slightly as they hit the pan. I have also been known to lift the pan off the heat slightly to ensure the fritters do not burn.



  • I placed a bunch of coriander in this batch.
HINT:
  • Before you cook the fritters it is worth looking at the consistency of the mixture, too wet add some more flour, too dry more milk. In the past I had added corn and strips of left over roast meat.
  • I usually serve these with either a thin jam like spread of mint jelly, relish or homemade avocado dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment