Thursday, January 5, 2012

Home made Fettuccini.

Well what a buzz one gets from cooking something completely from scratch. Today I made my own fettuccini for the first time. I am sure with time I shall experiment further.

I cannot believe how easy this was to make. I simply placed 300grams of flour, three eggs, salt, pepper, a handful of finely chopped basil and a splash of olive oil into my mix master. I am fortunate enough to have dough mixing blades. One could easily use a mixing bowl and a knife as a stirring implement.

Once mixed I briefly kneaded the dough before covering it with a damp cloth and placing it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.

It was then time to run it through the pasta maker. I used the thickest setting and ran it through ten times. Each time I would alternate the end that I placed in to the rollers so that the flour combined further. Once fed through I altered the setting to the required thickness. Then it was left for one hour to dry. 

I covered a clothes drying rack with tin foil and WHAMMO! 

Done! 

No comments:

Post a Comment